Nellis and Air Force Academy FAMCAMPS

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #14627 by belgique
We're in Mexico and schedule is fluid and thus a challenge to make reservations. How hard is it to get into the Nellis and AFA Famcamps in early-Mid June?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #14628 by floridakamper
I've been to both a couple of times in the same time frame. I think you've got a good shot of getting in but I guess it's always taking a chance. Call them and ask them what your chances are.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #14629 by johnandmari
The AFA can be iffy throughout the entire summer; all the new cadets will have arrived and should be at Jack’s Valley for basic, so parents should not be around. BUT, remember the Colorado Springs area is a big tourist area, so, as mentioned, once you get back into the U.S. give them a call.

Nellis should be OK, because it will be summer (heat), and most, if not all the seasonal RVers will be gone. Again, I would call once you are able to make sure of availability.

Good luck and enjoy your stays at both locations; they are great FamCamps.
John

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 11 months ago #14630 by JJnLilly
Agree on Nellis, but it still would be a good idea to call.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by JJnLilly.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 11 months ago #14631 by belgique
Thanks all. I am going to call but my experience has been that the folks in the office often don't know or won't say for whatever reasons. Folks like you have been campers there and are in the know. Seems Nellis ok but better have a Plan B for AFA and/or get planning an ETA and make a reservation. Appreciate the input.

EDIT: Made reservations at both places. No problem. Tnx.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by belgique.

More
7 years 11 months ago #14704 by Tarheel06
We will be heading to Colorado in late August, and hope to be able to stay at Peregrine Pines Fam Camp 3 nights, how may the activity be at that time of year? Ret Army, so looks like we can only call 60 days out?

Thanks,
Toni, spouse unit...

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds