western region parks

More
8 years 7 months ago #13917 by cmawest
western region parks was created by cmawest
what a rotten shame the bad rap some of the western u.s. parks are getting here. well deserved I might add, we have stopped at Lemoore, Beal, Monterey, and many others in the past year or so. take Beal for instance, its really run down and now full of homesteaders, what a darned shame when you figure it was once number one in the western region. Monterey has just let the park go to partial ruin. why ? I think I can tell you why. MWR ! they have gotten to where they pay each other so much, that they cannot put any money into their parks. the military needs to make this a matter of budgeting and kick MWR's butt off the bases, it seems everything they touch is going broke. I had a young woman tell me MWR was paying her over 35K a year just to take reservations for the RV park and sell Disneyland tickets. and there were 4 others working in her office to "assist" her. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: carrollg, greyhound73772, Swim-bike-run-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #14259 by Geargut
Replied by Geargut on topic western region parks
Just had to comment on this. Permanents are keeping a positive cash flow into these parks which results in higher quality. Granted the long termers can be an eye sore but this wouldn't be an issue if the parks can keep themselves stocked with travelers all the time. The unfortunate truth is that they can't. So empty spots means the park isn't bringing in any money resulting in higher overhead. Personally, I don't have an issue with long termers as long as there are always spots for travelers and thus far, I haven't run into that problem.

More
7 years 4 months ago #15116 by cmawest
Replied by cmawest on topic western region parks
and what part of my post had anything to do with homesteaders ?????

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds