Looking for new base camp in the sw

More
9 years 3 months ago #13371 by Blackeycole
Do to policy changes at the location I've been staying at I need to find a new long term Rv park. Can anyone recommend a good Rv park with 50amp full hookups at a good price that don't mind full timers staying for years at a time? My old location was $300 a month for full 50amp hookups but base housing didn't like the military staying there so they complained and ruined for all.

Now I need to find a new home base. I prefer the security of a famcamp over a civilian park also prefer shopping at Commisary and bx when I do in store purchases.

Are they any long term famcamps in the sw?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #13377 by dpicard
So you are living in the FAMCAMP full-time? This is a FAMCAMP and not a Trailer Park, the Air Force did away with all their trailer parks years ago. DOD regs on famcamps address this also.

More
9 years 3 months ago #13379 by Hank85713
Depends on where you want to live. The base/post rv parks are not designed for long term although there are some that do. In sierra Vista AZ there is a small inexpensive park just outside the post that many stay at, in tucson I knew people that lived in their rv off base about 7-8 miles out dont know what they paid.

All you can do is look at the area you want and then ask specific questions, but for on post/base not much luck.

More
9 years 3 months ago #13383 by majfrizz
i have to totally agree with DPICARD on this one. I am beginning to see more and more FAMCAMPs starting to enforce this more. Now in some places this is a great revenue stream for when they are not busy. just my two cents.....

US Army Retired (33 years) Active & Reserve
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45OPP
2018 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab SLT 4WD Long Bed

More
9 years 3 months ago #13394 by dpicard
To be honest, in the slow season or times I really don't have a big issue with them doing it to keep the revenue stream up. But, look at how many of them get so junked up around when they do this. Do it only during the slow months, then force them to have to move as the busy months come. If the person doesn't like that idea, then go find a park off base/post. I have seen a few place that only allow certain sites and a certain number to be long term. This way there is always some available for short term. The busier place know from past history when they fill up, so plane accordingly. We will never see changes as long as it is left to the local level, the stay limits and some of these policies need to come from the Pentagon level or there about or enforce the DOD policy at all levels.

More
9 years 3 months ago #13400 by renegade
:laugh: I am so happy to see this. Hope it continues, and catches on at other Famcamps.

MSgt. USAF Retired
The following user(s) said Thank You: greyhound73772

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds