Survey for a New FamCamp at Luke AFB, AZ

More
9 years 8 months ago #13069 by floridakamper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #13070 by Sandman
Done.. Would be nice.. Auntie is close by ..

More
9 years 8 months ago #13079 by monkey44
Done too ... but all the surveys in the world won't help them unless the price is less than the ridiculous $60 for the Maryland MCG ... although I notice they finally reduced the rates after enough complained, or maybe just didn't show up.

The ideas the MCGs present to us -- other civilian CG's charge that much local here -- has NOTHING to do with military campgrounds. The MCGs have much less overhead to compare, and we earned and deserve a little consideration when these decisions get made. That kind of pricing will soon make it a "pay extra" to enjoy the benefits of retired US military ... Hope this CG stays away from that. Other MCGs in Arizona have good pricing ... would be nice to compare those instead of civilians.

Glad to have another one in AZ tho, as it sure needs it in winter months when we all stay south ...

More
9 years 8 months ago #13081 by Sarge3398
Geez Monkey....they haven't even decided if they're gonna build it or not and you're already pissed off at them! :laugh:

Where are you at now?

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #13087 by monkey44
Nope, read me wrong John -- glad to see another MCG ... but am hoping it comes with a reasonable price tag when it does.

I don't know about you, but every time I open something about "military", it's cutting another benefit for all of us. That just gets a bit old after a while ...

JAX, until Tuesday, packing the camper this weekend and heading up to Kentucky and Tennessee for a few weeks. Then home, get ready for a west coast trip in Feb/Mar or so, probably four months or so for that one. Doesn't make sense to go that far for less time ...

You in New York -- ??
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by monkey44.

More
9 years 8 months ago #13104 by Sarge3398
Just left Nu Yawk and I'm headed back to Jawja. Time for my semiannual round of check ups with the medics. Headed down to Florida around October or so to see some friends, but I haven't decided on the winter yet. You take care out there and tell Genie I said "Hiya!"

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds