Admiral Baker R V Park San Diego

More
8 years 1 month ago #14542 by monkey44

larryf wrote: ALL MWR activities have turned into a "for profit" business. They are "non-appropriated" funds activities; mo longer support by our tax dollars. And yes, usually the RV Park supports many of the other MWR activities.

Which is why our rates will continue to rise while we get no increase in services. I see in many bases now, they're building new campgrounds or expanding campgrounds because the MWR realizes what a cash cow it is for other services.

Raise the price on golf and bowling and other services as well the ALL will carry its own water. Not likely to happen tho.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #14543 by floridakamper
If there's an upside to this, it might be that the campgrounds are keeping unprofitable recreation open and available to our active duty folks. I realize it might also be funding high salaries and bonus' to the MWR "sandcrabs." And I don't mean the frontline MWR childcare workers and ITT but the MWR Director and his assistant and that person's assistant.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by floridakamper.

More
8 years 1 month ago #14544 by greyhound73772
I have a golfing friend (never served a day in the military) who depended on me to get them onto Ft. Sill to play golf as my guest. The golf course at Ft. Sill opened to public play. My friend is now a club member and gets onto the post with a MWR access card. I understand this was done to increase revenue.

More
8 years 1 month ago #14558 by PS5039
Our golf course is off base so no need for entry to the base proper. I have no idea what the Fam Camps cost to operate nor any of the other MWR facilities. But us worker bees are not over paid, minimum wage. And they have raised the cost of Golf, bowling and other areas not of interest to some on this site. As I stated in a previous post the military alone will not pay for hardly anything anymore. Many military don't want anything to do with the base/post etc when done with work. If its an RV only FAM Camp with no cabins or other facilities it may be cost effective to run RV only. But if you add on cabins etc, it becomes very expensive to keep them up. An organization I work with had a cabin for members and its VERY expensive to keep it up. Sad part is we will have to pay more and get less in the future.

PJ Eagan, USAF, SMgt, Retired

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds