Jacksonville, Fla

More
14 years 6 months ago #6654 by budsmith
Jacksonville, Fla was created by budsmith
Well, It's time to think about where I want to got this winter if I'm able to get away...Was thinking about staying in the Jacksonville area for the winter, but was wondering how cold it may be that far up...I would like to be there on the golf course and the River..Anyone stayed there for the winter and how hard is it to get a site..What are the fees on the golf course now??..Tampa too crowded...What about Eglin??...Just thinking......Bud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6656 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re:Jacksonville, Fla
Eglin is great - I spent several months there, at different times, and never had a 'full' issue. But, I do stay at the annex down by the water, and not at the 'main-side' with FHU ... the water side is nicer IMO, but has no sewer, but dump is right there. Water side has CTV, mainside has sewer, but no CTV. Showers at water side have a 'repair' issue, but I always use my rig, or go to mainside for that.

I like that base alot and will stay again for parts of this coming winter too. Forget MacDill, that place is always full of the same rigs and in IMO is a little unfair with the 'rotation' as they term it. But, won't discuss it for now, it's been said already.

But again, Eglin is a nice MCG for sure - new showers in the mainside ... has good library, commissary, and BX ...

More
14 years 6 months ago #6661 by FastEagle
Replied by FastEagle on topic Re:Jacksonville, Fla
It's pretty easy to stay in the Jacksonville area at NAS Jacksonville or NS Mayport. You will see some frosting in Jan&Feb but seldom is their a hard freeze. There is an additional campground at NS Mayport now out behind the housing area that allows long term stays. It's very close to the golf course. The golf course at Mayport is in excellent condition. My brother-in-law lives near by and golf’s there regularly. We will be at NAS Jacksonville for two weeks starting 28 December. It's right across the street from the bases 27 hole layout. It's very possible to use up your entire 42 day limit there in the winter months without having to move sites. We are going Crappie fishing when we leave there and will be at Pacetti's for two months after leaving NAS JAX.

www.pacettirv.com/

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC
Attachments:

More
14 years 6 months ago #6680 by jsummers
Replied by jsummers on topic Re:Jacksonville, Fla
What about NSB King's Bay? We're 19 miles North of the Jacksonville airport. We've stayed at teh otehr J'ville USN FamCamps & like King's Bay better. No ocean view however. If you're a golfer, this is the best bargain. $60 per month unlimited green fees (walking). MWR tourney on the 1st & 3rd Wed of every month. Eats, drinks, prizes, etc. $14 ! $20 if you're not a monthly card holder. Really nice course & it has (conservatively) half the traffic of NAS JAX or Mayport. NAS Jacksonville is an older, mature course. More holes; prettier maybe. Mayport is shorter, a tad windy but a fine course also. Like I say, we've tried `em all, but returned for a month due to the golf.

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds