Cape Hatteras Nc

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #653 by jestridge
Cape Hatteras Nc was created by jestridge
Does anyone knows if they still hace cabins or cottages rentals at Cape Hatteras. Wife and I don't camp ,but we use their cabins and cottages. We have use the one at Elizebeth City NC Navel weapons station yorktown and Short Stay SC .
John Estridge USNR-Retire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 week ago #687 by Virginia Yank
Replied by Virginia Yank on topic Re: Cape Hatteras Nc
I am not aware of any military campgrounds near Cape Hatteras. We have stayed at a KOA there which is on the beach and well maintained. They have a number of cottages. Also the state has a very nice site near Buxton. Not sure if there are cottages. FYI the KOA manager said there is a slack period in August otherwise need to book early.

More
17 years 1 week ago #697 by Navyzone
Replied by Navyzone on topic Re: Cape Hatteras Nc
I believe the Coast Guard has a motel-like recreational quarters very near the Cape. I stayed there some time ago and found it a good place to stay.

Lenny Julius
USN RET

More
16 years 10 months ago #1075 by milestogo
Replied by milestogo on topic Re: Cape Hatteras Nc
We stayed in the billeting (hotel) a few years back and it was great. You could see the lighthouse top right out our back window. But ...I have heard that it has since closed.

More
16 years 9 months ago #1447 by ColFred
Replied by ColFred on topic Re: Cape Hatteras Nc
It is quite a bit south of the Outer banks, but the Air Force runs an area just south of Wilmington called Fort Fisher. It is near Carolina beach & Kure Beach. We just stayed there last week. Location, location, location - it is on the peninsula between the ocean & the Cape Fear river. It has a lot of potential however IMHO it needs some upkeep. We stayed in our 33' fifth wheel. The RV sites are old mobile home pads and some are not that bad. Bathhouse needs some work and it is not the cleanest I have seen. Lots of small ants and other critters. They also have trailers and some cottages you can rent - did not get in any of them but I know at least one that had a bug problem while we were there. The beach is across the street and you have to use a public walkway to cross between street & dunes/condos, but it is close. You can walk from almost any location on the base. The store is pretty well stocked with souvenirs and minimal groceries. Rates are of course good. Some planned activities daily, pool, rental boats & tennis. All-in-all not a bad place to go, but it could be much better with some investment.

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds