Staying in Florida starting now.

More
15 years 2 months ago #5496 by gerles62
2/18/2009 This is probably going to be futile but I will ask anyway. Is there any chance of getting into any of the Military RV parks in Florida starting at Pennsacola and following the gulf coast south then back up the east coast between 2/24 and 3/30/2009? Can anyone give us some insight into where we might be able to get into and where we absolutely won't be able to stay in?

We prefer Military parks but will consider others. I am retired Air Force and old habits are hard to break and that's not necessarily a bad thing. We are currently in Fountainbleu State Park in Mandeville, LA and will be leaving here on Saturday 2/20. If you've never been here, you should try it as it is a great State Park, no sewer h/u but for the location it's a great park. Thanks and we look forward to your tips.
Gerry & Barb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #5497 by monkey44
I just went through the panhandle a few weeks ago - with no problem at NAS Pensacola and with Eglin AFB if you don't have a Big Rig -- if you do, then it's a maybe.

Depends on when you go, who's leaving, and how big a site you need.

Eglin has some great sites on the water, with W/E/TV, but no sewer -- but a dump right close. Was only half-full when I went through and I stayed about ten days -- never was more than half-full.

Of course, MacDill is always full this time of year, but has a huge overflow with no HU -- just a dirt yard.

Other than that, I use Florida state parks -- but again, it depends on how big you are. State parks have water and electric.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds