Pensacola naval base

More
15 years 4 months ago #5032 by Topskycop
My wife and I spent last spring at Pensacola Naval base for a week. What a nice place! We were able to get a great spot just a short distance from the water and were able to watch some ships come through. On certain days, The blue angels would practice their flying show, right over the top of the campground. It was amazing...The people at the campgrounds were very nice and the base personel were very helpful. This year we are visiting MacDill. Looking forward to that trip. Happy traveling everyone..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #5049 by Bob Vaughn
Replied by Bob Vaughn on topic Re: Pensacola naval base
When are you coming to Macdill? Next month will be gaspiralla, plus the giant RV show at the state fairgrounds starting on the 14th of Jan. there are always over 1200-1500 new rvs to look at...at least it has been in the past. I wonder what it will be like this year.......the gaspiralla parade and all its festivites is awsome then the Super Bowl is after that....So you picked a good year to come to Coons Creek campground at the base.....The main campground is by the beach and the overflow campground is over by the golf course..It used to be the base mobile home park so the sites are larger and less congested.... ;D

More
15 years 4 months ago #5053 by Topskycop
Replied by Topskycop on topic Re: Pensacola naval base
Thanks Bob, We are coming to MacDill on Feb 7th, I have been through there but never stayed at the camp ground..It is a nice place, hope we can get in. We are just staying one night on our way south to Fort Myers, We want to stay at MacDill to see how it is, so maybe next year spending a longer time there. We are new at the Fam camp's but are planning on spending more and more time on the road visiting everyone one we can, Waiting for the wife to retire, then it's on the road.!

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds