Homestead RV park?

More
15 years 6 months ago #4451 by budsmith
Homestead RV park? was created by budsmith
I am here in Destin, and have talked with some of my fellow campers..The rumor is that they are planning to put in a huge campground in the old Homestead AFB...Does anyone have any info about this??? Buddie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #4895 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Homestead RV park?
Have not been to Homestead in a couple years -- but the last time I was there the MWR rep said an RV park was in the works. Then, later said there was no funding -- haven't been there since winter 2006 but am going to southern Florida (Everglades) in January so will check this out and let everyone know next month.

Sounds like a great idea for another south Florida MCG for winter if the MWR does it right and limits the reservations and shares sites with all eligible campers and keeps it from getting out of hand with "a good old boy" network for the sites like happens at MacDill.

Every MCG can take lessons in perfection from Kings Bay Sub Base -- a great MCG and a great rotation system so everyone that wants it gets some time here.

More
15 years 4 months ago #5046 by Topskycop
Replied by Topskycop on topic Re: Homestead RV park?
I agree with Monkey44, If they do it right, a campground at homestead would be perfect. But open it up to everyone. Give everyone a chance at least to stay there. and make it big enough to hold plenty of campers, like MacDill...

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds