Fort Benning Rec area in Destin

More
15 years 6 months ago #4448 by budsmith
Hello everyone, I just wanted to tell you about this RV facility...

First of all I will give it a rating of 9...

Its located in Destin, Fla just north of highway 98 on Fort Benning drive...Its about a mile off the main strip where the condos, fishing charters, shopping and eating (good seafood)

WE have been here for the month of October and really enjoyed it...

The area has cabins (2 and 3 bedrooms) looking out on the bay and just across the street, picnic tables and nice chairs to sit and view....A nice big swimming pool, pontoons, kayaks, jetskies, and charter fishing boat....A good long lighted pier for fishing or crabbing...Lots of beaches in the area..

We are in the RV park site # 40....The sites are all paved, but vehicle parking is a little restricted..There is not a lot of shade but some of the sites are shady..We have full hookups with cable and telephone...Also there is wifi internet but they do charge for it...We got in on summer rates at 450.00 a month but winter rates start in Nov...The batrooms and showers a super clean and roomy..nice and friendly staff, always willing to help...If you have some questions I will try to answer them...We (Buddie and Betty) will e here until Monday and then moving over to the other side of the bay...Will let keep you posted...Bud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #4679 by skyking8
Been there, got the T-shirt. I agree with your evaluation. It's a very nice MCG. Only negative is that the space between sites isn't much. I have also rented the water front cottages. I actually prefer those to the CG. Park the rig and rent one. You won't be disappointed!!

More
15 years 4 months ago #5068 by Topskycop
It that spot part of Eglin afb??

More
15 years 4 months ago #5114 by pdhardin
We spent a couple of weeks in Destin last Feb. Nice area. We will be at Jacksonville Naval Air Station Feb 1st for the month, then we have reservatons at Mayport for March. Happy Campin' in 2009. Road Dog

More
15 years 4 months ago #5115 by bill6750
Dukesix, it belongs to Ft. Benning, Army Base

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds