Camp Shelby MS permanently full

More
17 years 2 months ago #323 by fiatspider79
Since the MS National Guard started providing significant manpower to the Iraq War the base has grown and more missions have been given to the once sleepy post. The result is that the RV park is populated almost 100% by reservists on active duty and their families. Turn over is almost non-existent.

Before you head this way call and check on availability. Also, make sure they understand your question as these are some of the most difficult people we have ever had to deal with. Cooperation is not in their mission statement.

Glenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #2416 by gerald.steadman
I was by there last Dec. and it's still the same. Like I've said before they should take the wording RV park off the sign and just put up Camp Shelby trailer park. Some of the homesteaders have put up fences around their trailers. It's a real shame people let this continue. They just don't give a crap.

More
16 years 4 months ago #2417 by bblhed
The real shame is that personnel on active duty have to house their families in camping trailers rather than in buildings, or house trailers.

More
16 years 4 months ago #2419 by fiatspider79
And add to that the fact that most of these families are reservists or national guard. Their family head signed up to protect the country part-time. My family, active-duty, knew that they would have to survive the neglect of our government so that I could help protect the country.
The people at Shelby (and other similar locations) certainly deserve more than they are getting. But I am straying from the purpose of this board.

Glenn

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds