Reminder on Onslow Beach Closing for Month of June

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #3093 by cheldreth
The RV Park at Onslow Beach will be closed from May 27th until July 1st. Major work is underway on the swinging bridge that takes campers across the Intercoastal Waterway to get to the Camp Lejeune campground. This work has been in progress for over a month now, but in late May the bridge will be closed to traffic.

This only affects the RV Park. For folks coming to stay in the lodges, trailers and cottages, a work-around has been set up since there will no regular traffic on or off the beach during the above period. If you have an questions, please call the reservations office for more details.

In a way of an introduction, I am in infrequent poster and compulsive reader of this website. I am the new host camper at Onslow Beach and have really enjoyed it so far. Mike Mullins is the other camp host and we alternate duties. Stop by and say hello when you visit Camp Lejeune.

Curt

Curt Heldreth
Retired US Army
Retired HS Teacher
Copilot: Mary, NC Guardian ad Litem
Activities Director: Roscoe the Beagle
2006 Bounder 35E
2010 Malibu LS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #3098 by ozarkff
Anyone know of a good campground near Camp Lejuine. Was going to stay at Onslow Beach this summer when we went out to see are daughter but see it is going to be closed.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #3099 by cheldreth
There are a number of them nearby but I am too new to area to comment on any of them.

It is only the month of June (27 May - 30 June) that the RV Park will be closed.

Curt

Curt Heldreth
Retired US Army
Retired HS Teacher
Copilot: Mary, NC Guardian ad Litem
Activities Director: Roscoe the Beagle
2006 Bounder 35E
2010 Malibu LS

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 2 weeks ago #3100 by a Guest
ozarkff
The CG at Lejune will only be closed for about a month and may be open before the scheduled 1 July date.
Go this web sites listing of CG's and you will find there are Cherry Point and I believe one other one near by. Also, there are plenty of local CG's we noticed last year. Go out the south gate and it will lead you to them
Frank

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds