Fort Chaffee/Fort Smith/Barling Arkansas Barricks Burn

More
16 years 3 months ago #2606 by bunkerhill
The end of January 160 old barricks at Fort Chaffee burned. We had planned to stay there that week but didn't make it, fortunately. I do not know if they still have camping available or not, it was quite an extensive fire, you can google it and catch footage on Channel 5 online.

Alternative camping, which i have camped at several times is Springhill, its a federal dam site and if you have a golden age pass you can camp for $8 or $9. It does not have sewer hook up but it does have a dump station, water and electric at many sites and many of the sites are paved. Very nice, reservations on-line and be sure to make them or the locals will fill up the weekends and holidays. I am able to get several over the air channels and wi-fi via my Cingular card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 week ago #3136 by CincHouse
We were going to stop there last summer and I placed many calls. Finally found out that new site a little further away is in the works but not rady this year. Will be nice to have something in that area, we stayed near Devils Den State park- not in the state park too many switchbacks. Definately want to return with more time as it is beautiful area.
Phyllis Fox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds