MacDill Reservations

More
7 years 9 months ago #14837 by dave5fan
I am new at this camping business and attempts to get in MacDill AFB was impossible as it seems they allow 6 months stays and fill up by Oct / Nov. That leaves not site for many campers that might want to camp during Jan - Mar. Last year was my first year and I was lucky to find camping on the Navy bases in Fla. How do I break the code for MacDill?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #14839 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic MacDill Reservations
MacDill has been a PITA forever - we gave up on it a long time ago. IT's been "under construction' and "renovation' forever too. Not sure it's status now, but the construction went over its completion date by a year last time we checked.

Even when it's open and running, it's still not the best run camp by a long shot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cadorette

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #14893 by maxjr758
Replied by maxjr758 on topic MacDill Reservations
I called couple of weeks ago, inquiring about reservations, and storing our 5th wheel there for 7 days, while the wife and I go on a cruise out of Ft. Lauterdale
was told I didn't need reservations, and storage would be no problem, as there would be plenty of sites. Trying to decide whether to stay at mcDill or Manatee Cove/Patrick AFB.
Maybe most people smart enough not to be camping in Tampa,Fl in last week of Aug.

2017 THOR CHALLENGER 37TB
2018 FORD EXPLORER
ACME EZ TOW TOW DOLLY
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by maxjr758.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16453 by Swim-bike-run-1
Call end of October 15months before you want the Jan reservation...they'll charge you $100 and you'll get a receipt...you're gonna be committed to pay for half oct/nov/dec...they're not gonna engineer you a reservation for a pad from Jan-mar as they sell pads for six month reservations unless you're active duty or trump etc is your sponsor then all of this wouldn't be an issue for you obviously...

When you arrive for your reservation, when checking before you start check in process insist they make another reservation for the following year...even if you don't think you'll be there do it/pay it, as long as you cancel a few weeks before your checking date they'll refund your money if you don't use the following yrs reservation...better safe than sorry...

That's how it's supposed to work but the staff are unethical corrupt creeps whom don't follow the rules (you'll read on here of people whose Macdill reservation wasn't respected all the time) as much as engineer the outcomes of events to please their tastes...

Edit-I know it sounded funny when I told you you'd have to pay for oct/nov/dec which you explain you're not interested as you wanna come in Jan?
Most people returning wintertime squatters/homesteaders who are year after year reservations come in nov-1 and Check in campground/make follow yrs reservation around nov 1...
Then they go over to long term storage and move their stored RV from storage lot to campground, set up stay a week maybe two catching up with others, getting settled in then go home for thanksgiving.
Some come back to Macdill dec 1 but many stay up north till after Christmas then return after Christmas and spend new yrs, fat of winter in the RV and checking out middle apr or so, moving their RV back to long term storage for next yrs reservation...
Once you see, understand this maybe you'll see why people who've experienced Macdill say they're so corrupt and needs a top down all inclusive personal change...so there won't be anyone from the current corrupt crew there keeping this snafu crap going...

Hope this helps...
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Swim-bike-run-1.

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds