Jacksonville, NAS

More
8 years 3 months ago #14139 by Vnm01
Jacksonville, NAS was created by Vnm01
:) What a great experience for our first military campground and 2nd overall time in our New, 93 class A....haha. We got stuck in traffic on 95 in sc which seems to be more common than chance, on base about 7, we planned for 3, we called ahead a few times with questions and updated eta's, they have a answering machine and called back in an hour or two, the ones we talked to were fabulous and informative in directions and particulars. Once in, the large park offers free laundry, showers and I believe wifi, ( can't connect right now but haven't asked if they had it either ). Camp host came and met us at sight and guided us in and watched as I hooked up what I needed, very nice..Question..I didn't want to bother the camp host at 7pm, so drove by his homestead, is it common to stop there and announce ourselves or just proceed thru? Beautiful sunrise over the lake, I'm going to guess as I look from our home and can see lake, most sites have lake view, ummm....signs for alligators in vicinity...lmao...enjoy all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #14149 by Sandman
Replied by Sandman on topic Jacksonville, NAS
If you like NAS Jax.. You will be "doing cartwheels" when you visit some of the other FamCamps..

NAS Jax has a nice FamCamp, I mean to say nothing against Jax.. (as a P3 sailor, NAS Jax is almost "sacred ground") But there are a few "resort quality" FamCamps around..

Have fun with your "new" camper.. Try all of the FamCamps.. We haven't found a bad one yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds