Shields RV Park, Gulfport, Ms

More
8 years 8 months ago #13874 by floridakamper
We're staying at Shields and are enjoying our stay. This time of year Shields is not in high demand. Heat and hurricane season I guess. The campground is neat and well maintained and looks to be less than 50% occupied. The good news is the manager told me there are plans to add 35 more sites. The rules here state folks, other than active duty can stay for up to six months and then must vacate for 30 days. Here is the wording the base uses for active duty, "Though all RV parks run by MWR Departments are considered Recreational Lodging and not intended for homesteading, local leadership supports long-term stay (exceeding 6 months) of active duty service members due to the high tempo of the local climate and duty rotation cycles..." At least they're upfront about it, unlike some other places that have rules they routinely don't follow. And it's obvious some active duty are living here. I think the folks on the tip of the sword deserve every consideration but I'm conflicted about them collecting housing allowances and then residing in a recreational campground. Other than this issue, which this time of year has no impact on recreational campers getting a spot....we love this place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dpicard, greyhound73772, LamSan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds