NAS Key West - Sigsbee/Trumbo Status

More
9 years 2 months ago #13470 by Kokomo36
Final update from me...
Sigsbee: 195 on the dry list (high was 238) and at least 6 empty sites as I look around.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #13508 by jhsjms
We are heading to Key West for our first time. As recommended we will call ahead just prior to departure for arrival on 3/11 to verify space. Looking for a little guidance on overflow areas. Are there rest rooms and showers? How do folks refill water tanks and dump waste? Any advise for pulling in would be appreciated.

More
9 years 1 month ago #13509 by Kokomo36
1st: I can assure you that there will be a variety of dry sites to choose from when you arrive. A camp host will ride you around and show you the available sites. We now have more than a few vacant "dry" sites.
2nd: In the "dry" area there is a central building that houses the showers and restrooms and laundry. Adjacent to that building are three dump stations. There are 2 hoses in the area for filling your water tank. I don't use the restrooms during the morning rush; however, during the day there is rarely a wait for the showers. Laundry can sometimes be hard to get.
3rd: As you come onto base via Sigsbee Rd., in about 1/4 mile you will see a sign directing you to bear to the right (just after speed turns to 25 mph). Stay on that road and you will see a second sign directing you to the RV Office and parking on your left. You will be turning into a drive behind the Office. Don't turn left at the Road.

Regarding entering the Base: We like to stay in the left lane as you enter Key West from Stock Island. That forces you to bear/turn left at the light. Then get in the right lane and turn right onto Flaggler. Then stay in the Right lane and turn Right onto Kennedy. Kennedy turns into Sigsbee at Roosevelt so just stay in the Right lane while on Kennedy and keep going straight. This option avoids a sharp and tight turn from Roosevelt onto Sigsbee that can be tricky depending on the size of your rig.
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf, jhsjms

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds