Arnold FamCamp

More
9 years 3 months ago #13385 by ikester309
Arnold FamCamp was created by ikester309
I was just reading some of the very negative comments about Arnold AFB TN FamCamp and wanted to add some POSITIVE comments! I stayed there about 2 summers ago and really enjoyed my stay. I did not camp but stayed in what appeared to be converted VEQ buildings. We noticed the campsites are not set up for large RV's but there is ample parking at the lodge. Plenty of room to walk the grounds and beach, eat pizza in the fast food lounge (very reasonable) and watch the big screen games, movies, and sports. The price of rooms were well below the prices right down the road at the Interstate. Rooms were clean and comfortable with the normal amenities. There is a Shopette and gas station nearby and boat rental. Make sure you take your required safety class as early as possible as you cannot rent any boats/skis without it. MWR office was staffed with helpful people and lounge/classroom/restrooms. We drove around the Manchester/Shelbyville areas and toured the Jack Daniel Distillery. If you want to camp/fish/boat or just relax, this hidden gem is the best value I have seen. For all you whiners out there, remember this; The prices for using this facility is the lowest you will ever see and their budget is not nearly as much as other FamCamps. If you are unsatisfied, donate to the MWR! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #13387 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Arnold FamCamp
You know I was OK with your post countering a negative review by someone else giving YOUR honest opinion about the Arnold Famcamp until you took a shot at that person and called them a whiner. I'm a little suspicious when a first time poster makes negative comments about forum members or this forum. Earn some credibility here as a constructive member before you fire across someone's bow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Russr789, dubob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds