Shields Rv Park, NAS Corpus Christi

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #13207 by a Guest
Shields Rv Park, NAS Corpus Christi was created by a Guest
I'll do a review later on after some of the changes take effect but putting it out there. They seem to be going thru inspection this week, was told there's new people motivated to fix everything so things are getting done. New concrete has been poured for new lights on the pier, picnic tables are being changed out. There are new hosts who have spent a lot of time cleaning the facilities from the time when there wasnt one. It is still open to anyone with a MWR card and during winter months the "Texas Westerners" (their words) pack the place for winter. Key word for this park during winter months if you know your coming...RESERVATIONS!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #14107 by dpicard
I just stopped in at Shields park Dec 11 to check it out. I was going to stay there and got concerned when I saw the negative reviews. I am glad I stopped. The park was almost full but there were about 5-8 or so empty sites. They are mostly double concrete pads nicely spaced out. The older part (old mobile home park) was full, some homesteading going on, but not to cluttered. Grass was all mowed and the whole park looked appealing to us. I personally went into the office and spoke to Dave the manager and found him professional and caring about the park. The previous issues appear to have been resolved and was possibly just two individuals trying to make the place look bad. I will definitely stay here on our next visit through the area. I hope to see others post reviews that will eventually negate the two or three negative ones. I did not find anything in my drive through and visit with management to warrant the previous reviews, I found the opposite. However, did not walk in the yards to see if dog poo everywhere or gone into the bathhouse, saw no loose dogs or high grass. Nice looking RV park. Worth a stay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds