Fall Key West Trip

More
9 years 10 months ago #12916 by Cdr_Cody
Fall Key West Trip was created by Cdr_Cody
We cancelled our planned April trip to Key West due to my wife's accident. She now wants to go in September or early October. What can we expect as for as room and temperatures? When do the long term winter residents begin to arrive? We plan on being there about 7 nights.

Thanks in advance for you help,

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #12919 by Oweninthekeys
Replied by Oweninthekeys on topic Fall Key West Trip
Bill,

Based on our conversations with the folks in the office at KW last year, they normally dont start rotating to dry camping until the end of Novemeber, first of December. We plan on being there in October this year as well.

More
9 years 10 months ago #12920 by Kokomo36
Replied by Kokomo36 on topic Fall Key West Trip
The exception to the rotation is Fantasy Fest week. We arrived October 20th last year and they had to put a few rigs in dry camp a few days later. By the 30th, everyone was back in full hook-up. Temps are warm, as is the water. Daytime probably in the mid-80's and the sun is intense. We love it!

More
9 years 10 months ago #12933 by Cdr_Cody
Replied by Cdr_Cody on topic Fall Key West Trip
Thank you for the answers. They'll help with our planning. Please bear with me, but I'm sure I'll have other questions as we get closer. My next is about "doggy daycare" or daily boarding. I've found several possibilities through the internet, but would like a recommendation based on personal experience. We travel with two Australian Shepherds and I would like to take my wife to the Dry Tortugas. It's one of the few places I haven't visited in the Keys.

Thanks again,

Bill

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds