Navy Lake Site Allatoona

More
9 years 10 months ago #12904 by pembree
Does anyone have any info on the Navy Campground at Lake Allatoona NW of Atlanta? We haven't camped since the mid 90s when the kids were small and our experiences with military campgrounds were memorable, but not necessarily good. We want to make our maiden voyage to a place close to home, so wonder if we should try the Navy campground or should use the Corps of Engineers campground. Any info on how the Navy maintains it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #12906 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Navy Lake Site Allatoona
Click on Recreation Facilities Info and go into Georgia and you will find info on Allatoona and many reviews.

More
9 years 10 months ago #12907 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Navy Lake Site Allatoona
I lived in ATL for several years. The choice between Allatoona and a COE CG depends on the size of your rig. Allatoona is nice once you get in, but it's not big rig friendly and neither are the access roads. It is also near I-75 so there is road noise. Personally, I would pick a COE park. Sweetwater in particular.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pembree

More
9 years 10 months ago #12911 by Hodge
Replied by Hodge on topic Navy Lake Site Allatoona
Haven't been to the Navy CG at Allatoona, but the COE CG at Allatoona is pretty awesome and would highly recommend it. If you carry a Senior/Golden Nat'l Parks Pass, the price is very reasonable (50% off or $15/night) - can't beat that!

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds