Ft Bragg & Southern Pines

More
10 years 1 month ago #12691 by belgique
I posted earlier about getting to Southern Pines on Manchester and appreciate the response. Plans have changed and now I'm coming from Charlotte and want to get on Manchester at Southern Pines. Where is the gate? Is it accessible my a motorhome? (I have ID and stickers but know stickers don't matter at Bragg). Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12695 by Oweninthekeys
From Southern Pines you would take Conneticut Ave out to Manchester Road which is accesible by your MH without any issues seeing that there are many large horse trailers that transiet that route as well. You will not have any gates until you reach Fort Bragg proper at either the Longstreet ACP or Chicken Road.

No need to worry about stickers anymore, they are all obsolete DoD wide. You will be showing your military ID card for access.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12696 by belgique
Replied by belgique on topic Ft Bragg & Southern Pines
Thanks Owen. Helpful info. Re stickers: not the Marines. Cherry Point MCAS and Camp Lejeune still require.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12698 by Oweninthekeys
Belgique- I was on Lejeune last month and stickers were not required, flashed ID and went through. I think the Marines and Navy dropped their requirements late last year as we were in Key West in June and they required them and back in Novemeber and no longer required.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12704 by belgique
Ahh...I haven't been on base in a month or so. Will be nice if we now have a consistent policy. I'll be at Onslow on Monday and see what happens on the shift I encounter. Thanks. .

More
10 years 1 month ago #12715 by belgique
Great trip down memory lane yesterday on Manchester Rd past the DZ's and on Main Post. I thought the gate would be near Southern Pines but it was on post. Plenty wide and no barriers. Surprised at all the new barracks etc in the Division area.

Yep, just as you said. At Lejeune I asked the guard about car stickers and he said they are being phased out and all you need is a Mil ID card. I believed you...just wanted to see if the word had gotten around.

Thanks for the counsel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oweninthekeys

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds