Camp Blanding

More
10 years 2 months ago #12655 by tgradyll
Camp Blanding was created by tgradyll
I stayed on a primitive site for 3 nights in late February 2014, and the total cost was $27. I was told that you pay for 2 nights and get 1 night free. The first thing I did was to check out the restrooms/showers, and they were filthy. There was black mold growing on everything, and a small green frog lived in the mens room. I never saw anyone ever do any cleaning either. The 2 young women in the office were not rude, but they were not exactly friendly either. I asked to be allowed to park on a concrete slab instead of on the ant infested sand site, and was told that I had to hook up to the electric, water, and sewer, even if I was not going to use them, before I could park on the concrete site. There were plenty of vacant campsites at the camp, now I know why. If you elect to camp there I would recommend using your RV bath. Campers can take meals at the dinning facility, and it is very new and nice. Breakfast is $5.25, and the other meals are $7.25. The museum is free and interesting and at the end there is a donation bowl. The only way I will ever return to Camp Blanding campground will be if I can't find a more suitable site someplace else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #12656 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Camp Blanding
Stayed there numerous times - never used the services ... just camped out a few days, hung out by the pond and took some hikes. That MCG could be very nice if the staff ever did anything at all. But I agree with the lack of clean-up and the indifferent staff. Never seen it even close to full. Not much going on around Stark, so it's really a stop-over and rest, not a destination, for sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds