Tent Camping

More
10 years 2 months ago #12605 by A2knitter
Tent Camping was created by A2knitter
Has anyone tent camped at Pelican Roost or Jacksonville? Any hints or suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #12606 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Tent Camping
I've had an RV spot right next to the tent area. From what I saw it looks like a nice area. The washers and dryers are free. In the Roost there is a refrigerator that I think you can keep a small amount of refrigerated food. There is also cooking facilities that "I think" you can use. There are computers set up that you can use to check email, etc. There is a large screen tv and card tables. All in all I can't say enough nice things about the Mayport campground. There is a McDonalds on base very close to the Roost, so I would never starve and the manager and staff are the best. Even Woody. Outdoor Rec also rents small travel trailers (Casita's I think)

More
10 years 2 months ago #12607 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Tent Camping
I concur with floridakamper about tenting/RV'ing at Mayport. As a tenter you have access to just about anything you will need and yes you can cook in the kitchen in the community room, coffee free and you can also get ice as you need it free. The tent area is clean and even has picnic tables for you. It is shaded nicely by palm trees and within a short walking distance to rest rooms/showers, laundry facilities and it is one of the cleanest military campgrounds we go to. Several choices of places to eat on base and the Coast Guard Station out the back gate has dining facilities you can use also. Woody is no longer here as he accepted the Manager position at Eagle Hammock RV Park at Kings Bay Sub Base in St. Marys, Ga. Really great staff here and the views are the best! I suggest you give it a try and you will definitely love it here and want to come back.

Time to create page: 0.469 seconds