West Point camp ground, Round pond

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #12582 by dundee41
I'm trying to get reservations at round pond, and I have the Info of only calling the day after presidents day!!! Does anybody have more info, like what are the chances of getting in there, or when there are other reservation times.. We are coming from Ft. Huachuca, AZ. in May 2014. Any info helpful. Jim C. 520-227-2751
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by dundee41. Reason: Misspelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #12583 by Kokomo36
Looking at the info on this site, I would guess that you can reserve any date within the season once reservations open. I know that graduation week is very popular, as are football home game weekends. We've stayed twice in the spring with no problems getting in. We reserve as soon as possible.

More
10 years 3 months ago #12584 by dundee41
Thanks, We stayed there years ago, but don't remember when. I'm trying for 2 June, right after Graduation and the Holiday... They have this weird reservation system posted and I was wondering If the camp gets filled for the summmer on that day!! We are coming from AZ. and then down the coast to Key West, so there is a lot of coordination going on. S Thanks again for the info. Jim C. 520-227-2751

More
10 years 3 months ago #12592 by Sarge3398
Hey Jim!

I've stayed at Round Pond many times, since I have relatives in the area, and I've never had a problem getting a reservation....even on short notice. The only time it was iffy was during graduation once, and the good folks at Round Pond were able to accommodate me. Summer is usually pretty open there, for whatever reason. About the only thing going on is summer training at Camp Buckner down the road. Small arms firing all day and into the night, but nothing too bad unless you're a light sleeper. Oh, and an occasional road march through the campground. I believe the instructors think it's really funny to run these kids in full ruck through the campground and past campers sitting out in their chairs having a drink. Come to think of it, it probably is...if you're the one in the chair! :laugh:

If you do have a problem getting into Round Pond and still have to be in the West Point area, there is a commercial campground not far away called Black Bear in Florida, NY. Not too much more than Round Pond, and they have full hookups. I've stayed there a couple of times too. Nice campground, and it's only about 10 miles from West Point.

Whatever you do, have a safe trip and enjoy yourself!!!

John

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
10 years 3 months ago #12593 by dundee41
John, Thanks for the info..That's the kind of thing I was looking for. We will be coming from southern AZ. in April, through Colorado Springs (Relatives), then Niagra Falls, West Point, down the coast to Key West, and Back to AZ. in September. West Point is the bottle neck. I know where to go and how to get around the rest of the trip, but WP is an unknown to me.. Stayed 98/99 something like that, and took the train into the city, but so long ago I have forgotten circumstances of stay. That Deal of calling after President's day scared me a little. Thought maybe they took reservations for the whole year on that Day!!! :woohoo: Thanks again Jim C. 520-227-2751

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds