Heading Farther South

More
10 years 4 months ago #12483 by Sarge3398
A couple of us are heading out next week to escape the cold by going to the Rio Grande Valley for a while...specifically, Mission, Texas. B)

We're meeting at Uchee Creek and then heading to New Orleans for a week on our way south. I happened to notice in the directions to Aviation Arbor there is a mention of a low overpass. I've never seen anyone say anything about it in the reviews, so I'm wondering if it's really a problem or not. Anybody been that way and have any horror stories about it? :huh:

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #12485 by Bikini28
Replied by Bikini28 on topic Heading Farther South
Sarge,
I was at Aviation Arbor in May and I do not remember any low overpasses at all. I am in a 38' Class A and watch for low overpasses. Uchee Creek is a nice campground where the deer are almost tame that roam the park. When going to Aviation Arbor it is not the first campground you see, just go another 100 yards and you will see the sign. Aviation Arbor is the new campground the other is for long term.
Be safe happy journeys. Ronnie

More
10 years 4 months ago #12486 by ErnieT
Replied by ErnieT on topic Heading Farther South
Yes there is one low over pass. But you won't hit it. I don't know why they even say anything about it.

More
10 years 4 months ago #12487 by Sarge3398
Replied by Sarge3398 on topic Heading Farther South
Thanks Ernie...I kind of got that impression since nobody ever said anything about it. Ronnie's note above says he doesn't even remember it! :laugh:

Thanks for the well wishes Ronnie!

Everybody travel safely this year.

John

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds