Killeen TX

More
10 years 5 months ago #12370 by kschultz
Killeen TX was created by kschultz
Heading to Killeen area during Christmas. Anyone by chance there right now that could let me know if there are open spaces at Belton or Fort Hood Famcamps? Your input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #12372 by Bogeysix
Replied by Bogeysix on topic Killeen TX
I was at BLORA and left the first week in Nov. The place is huge and I don't think you will have a problem getting a site there. They will let you know whats available and, they will let you go pick a site and set-up then go back to the office to pay. Be aware they have 3 separate campgrounds, one on top close to the office has full hookups, good satellite and cellphone coverage, but is in the open and it does get windy. Down over the hill is 2 more campgrounds which are in the trees and can be tough to get a good satellite signal, and I only got 1 bar on my Verizon cell, but it is way nicer than on top. The Christmas light show is going on every night until Jan. 15th, and if you haven't seen this before you will enjoy it.
I don't know about West Ft. Hood, but because it is closer to Ft. Hood, and Killeen I believe it would someones first choice when visiting. When you get close to being there, give them each a call to see if there are any sites available. If not check out the USACE campgrounds on both Belton and Stillhouse lakes which are very nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds