AC USE & TEMPS @ NASKW IN JAN.

More
10 years 6 months ago #12289 by newmar123!
1st time this year heading to Key West with the RV. We have a Honda generator, but we are wondering how often we will need to use it. Also, what kind of weather can we expect for that time of year.
Thanks.

Mike & Nancy
40' Mt. Aire
Minnesota

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #12291 by LamSan
Live in Florida and have been to Key West numerous times and it is my humble opinion you would not need the A/C in Jan. unless you find the RV gets too humid from having the windows open as breezes are constant. Jan. temps should be in the 60's during the day and low 50's on average overnight. You will probably see extremes both ways as Fl. is unpredictable as far as weather goes. Today we are in low 80's here in mid-Fl. and tomorrow the low 60's during the day. As you probably know humidity in an RV will cause all the wood to expand and increases the chance for mold to build up. We have a hygrometer in the RV at all times and if you see the humidity creeping up to 50% you may want to turn on the AC as it will remove it. Have a wonderful time and do the touristy stuff as there is no other place like it. We always feel as though we are in another country when we go there, and if you love Mexican food find the restaurant that is in the middle of a residential neighborhood (forget the name and street it is on) but just ask anyone and they can direct you there as it is one of the best we have found anywhere we have travelled.

More
10 years 6 months ago #12297 by newmar123!
Thanks LamSan for all the info, it's just what I was looking for. We love Mexican food and I will look for the restaurant.

Mike & Nancy Putzier

More
10 years 5 months ago #12338 by Kokomo36
It is likely that you will go into dry-camp during that time. Last January we spent 13 days in dry; so you will need the genset. In Feb., dry-camping went to 23 days.

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds