MACDILL FAMCAMP

More
10 years 7 months ago #12191 by dturner3195
MACDILL FAMCAMP was created by dturner3195
THE MANAGER OF THIS FAMCAMP NEEDS TO BE REPLACED IF YOU AREN'T PART OF THE CLICK HERE YOU WONT BE PARKED IN A GOOD SPOT SHE DOES PLAY FAVORITISM AND THE OFFICE DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE THE MAIL SERVICE IS AWFUL IT TAKES UP TO AN EXTRA 5 DAYS TO GET YOUR MAIL EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY HAVE A RESERVATION SHE STILL WILL SAVE SPOTS FOR HER FRIENDS.MAYBE IF MORE PEOPLE COMPLAIN THEY WILL REPLACE HER WITH SOMEONE WHO WILL TREAT EVERYONE THE SAME ON A 1ST COME FIRST COME BASES

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #12192 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic MACDILL FAMCAMP
Been like that for a long time - no one does anything about it - we stopped going to MacDill years ago.

IF enough complaints went to the CO, maybe ... but as I recall, quite a bit of the revenue from the CG goes to GOLF maintenance. And, of course, the golfers seem to have a lot of juice.

Sent a note once complaining - got a note back saying "That's the way we run things around here."
It would take a very directed joint effort by a group of campers/RV'er to make that change. Took several years to get rid of the 'boot-camp official everyone called the Nazi' at Travis, but it happened, finally.

More
10 years 7 months ago #12213 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic MACDILL FAMCAMP
This was years ago but seems pertinent if you folks are correct. My spouse and I started our travels in a white high top van. We liked to park at MacDill and we ALWAYS paid of course. During the day we would drive to Lewis Lake just up the street and park under the trees and read. The RV park Manager sent the SP's to Lewis Lake to accost us over stealing showers at the FAMCAMP. We showed our papers (!) and the SP's went away. No apologies from the Manager. We made an appointment to tell the Services chief what happened. He was stone faced and, once again, no apology offered. One can infer that we do not matter. I now choose to be happy if my fellow rv'ers are nice and the devil with the people who are tasked with running these places.

More
10 years 7 months ago #12217 by johnandmari
Replied by johnandmari on topic MACDILL FAMCAMP
After attempting to make reservations at MacDill for four years in a row, we finally took the hint. We now avoid MacDill for all the reasons presented over the years on this website. Life is too short to have to deal with roadblocks, like those at MacDill.
BTW Monkey, I believe Tony and Mary, the former hosts of Travis AFB FamCamp retired. I do not believe they were forced out by all of our ICE or direct complaints. I believe that military FamCamps with hosts/management like that of Tony and those at MacDill (and a few others I can think of) clearly indicate an utter lack of concern on the part of management; income over service to the troops seems to be goal of a few locations!

JMHO - John

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #12221 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic MACDILL FAMCAMP
According to a few 'buddies' it was a combination of complaints and 'retired' that did it at Travis. I actually stayed there a number of time, and never had a problem with Tony directly - accept his attitude was a little strange. Probably been different if we'd stayed longer than a week or so at a time.

I believe people have given up on complaining at MacDill - if it was a big issue for me, which it isn't except for the disrespect aspect of the MacDill management, I'd file a complaint with the IG in Washington just to be a pest ... and have them investigated. When you complain locally, it goes no-where. But I don't need nor care about it enough to go to that trouble ... especially because we have a condo in Florida and don't use MacDill.

IG is required to investigate ... of course, our Congress is required to pass a budget too. See where that got us.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by monkey44.

More
10 years 7 months ago #12225 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic MACDILL FAMCAMP
True that! Well, people come and people go, managers too. We own a home in Florida but we dearly love traveling sometimes too. We never made it to Alaska. There are still places waiting for us to check out. Always feels a little like family when we drive that rv through a military guard post!

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds