Campground Facility Information - Diesel Fuel

More
17 years 1 month ago #388 by fiatspider79
Adding the diesel fuel availability to the campground info is an excellent idea and I will do my part to help identify those campgrounds with diesel nearby.

I generally plan my fuel stops to be from FlyingJ to FlyingJ as my experience is that they almost always have the best prices in their area--and they are almost everywhere.

In addition, I can check the price before I pull in by going to their website at flyingj.com/ and clicking on the "Fuel Pricing" link (which includes diesel, gasoline and LP).

As soon as I post this I am going to add that address to the "LINKS" section of this website for future reference.

See ya down the road,
Glenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #389 by Chiefswife
Speaking of diesel fuel, we are considering upgrading to a Class C and diesel as we want to take advantage of any bio fuel that might be in our future. Does anyone use biofuel. (Saw Willie Nelson tooling around in his monster Class A and got the idea)

More
17 years 1 month ago #396 by fiatspider79
Just about any liquid that can burn can be used in a typical diesel engine. That list would include Kerosene, JP-6, alcohol, dinodiesel, biodiesel, blended diesel and hybrid fuels--but NOT gasoline. The engines that need to be converted to use the new blended fuels are gasoline engines, not diesels. So buy your diesel and use whatever you want.
Biodiesel is generally not available most places and drivers who have used it are finding that it is so pure it strips any build-up that other diesel fuels might have left stuck to the sides and bottom of the fuel tank. Biodiesel cleans your tank and plugs up the fuel filter (and sometimes the jets). In fact, biodiesel is so pure that they are having a hard time finding a tank that will hold it. I am told that 35% biodiesel and 65% dinodiesel is probably the best mixture.
As for the upgrade, go fer it.

Glenn

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #607 by mkebikecop
:o
For those of us with a Macintosh there are small "Dashboard Widgets" that can be downloaded for free or a small donation.

One of these widgets is called "Gas" it can be found at www.interdimensionmedia.com/widgets/ . This widget is accessed in the dashboard program. It puts a window on your screen that looks like a gas station sign that shows gas prices. You set the zip code that you want to check the price of gas. It shows the price of regular, plus premium and diesel for up to eight stations. You set the radius of the search in miles.

We always use it when we travel.

Ed

"Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates."
-F.E. Adcock, British classical scholar

More
16 years 11 months ago #938 by Cheyennerover
diesel Fuel is available at the service station at Ellsworth AFB, SD. And a Flying J is just down the interstate. I do not know of any other base that has Diesel.

More
16 years 11 months ago #948 by 2bnot2b
Hi all, I live near Fort Polk and Fort Polk now sells diesel fuel at the North Fort gas station.Easy in and out with any size rig.

Bill

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds