Peterson AFB FamCamp

More
4 years 4 months ago #17171 by johnandmari
Larry,
I just noticed in your recent newsletter, the status of the possible construction of a FamCamp at Peterson AFB. We have a home in Colorado Springs, and while visiting it this past summer, we went to the commissary. I remembered that you had information that PAFB was in the process of constructing a campground. Because the main-base area is pretty much built up, I figured that it would probably be located on the east side of the runways where the BX/commissary are now located – that area is largely open space. Driving around, I noted some construction in process, but could find no evidence of what might become a campground. I then visited Outdoor Recreation and asked what the status of the campground was. The young lady I spoke with denied any knowledge of a possible campground, and a co-worker likewise did not have knowledge of the possibility.

The eastern portion of the base would be a great location for a campground due to its commanding view of Pikes Peak and the Front Range, however I have a feeling the base/Space Command’s continuing growth and the need for additional breathing space may preclude its construction. I’m not giving up hope, but I’m not making a reservation either – LOL

Merry Christmas to you and Connie,

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds