Effects of Govt shutdown

More
6 years 3 months ago #16499 by The Roo
Was just on another forum and saw quite a bit of consternation over a possible govt shutdown later this week. I remember the last one well, with vets being locked out of the walkway to the wall in DC and some other locations, that had not been affected by these before.
Do these shutdowns typically affect the Famcamps?
And what about the active duty and contractors who seem to live in some Famcamps?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16512 by Swim-bike-run-1
Yrs ago when the last drawn out one happened, I was homesteading at American Lake (Ft Lewis) and though it was end of oct and I was leaving on the plane for Hawaii I distinctly remember the posted bulletins explaining that if the shutdown wasn't resolved by (what I remember as like a week into nov?) it explained the American lake campground would be closing and all needed to vacate, there would be no exceptions...it also went on to explain this affected McCord as well but didn't mention adjoining camp Murray which wasn't part of the joint base officially as its Air Natl guard/different command...

Only campgrounds I've seen closed were Floridian

1-NASKW Sept 2ndish 2017 as commander closed it and ordered all non mission essential personal evac to mainland in anticipation of hurricane Irma 9-9-217

2-Patrick AFB due to hurricane Mathew fall of 2016...
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Swim-bike-run-1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds