4.2 67
California 104461
Part of June and all of July, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Beale is the place to be is you are looking for peace and quiet. The layout is somewhat unique, although I have seen it before, and provides lots of room between the sites, plenty of green grass an shade. My wife and I have been here several times, and use it as a base when visiting our kids in Marysville. The Commissary and Exchange are pretty much like everywhere else, not really offering very much savings, but Wal-Mart is right down the road. I have spent some time with Rex - the camp manager - and believe me when I tell you that he is excited about the good things that are happening and planned for this facility, e.g. new cement pads for the picnic tables, new 50amp service in the one circle that currently doesn't have it, monthly get-togethers, etc. The mice have been a little bit of a problem this time because there were goats introduced next to the camp for fire control, and they seemed to have driven all the mice into the camp. However, base personnel have been tending to the problem, and my two yorkies have killed about three dozen over the past month. Bottom line... Beale FamCamp is a great place that is frequented by great people.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts