RV insurance and Florida DMV HELP!

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #10359 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: RV insurance and Florida DMV HELP!
i think the folks hit it on the head
first fl does require a fl policy.
as do most other states, if you live in va....they have pretty tight restrictions on not registering cars etc
but it can be done
fl has the same provisons under the "REG ONLY" plates
I would to make it simple...use your REAL fl address and get all your policies...drop usaa and go with Farm bureau or the like
but you need a fl real address. USAA has imo gotten to far removed from thier charter and now are shady at best

i think va says if your in the state xx amount of days..your required to register for va plates, you may be walking a line
i did it in the early 90's by having the command make me some temporary orders for 90 day time periods and used fl as my home base
that way fl kept me covered and i could operate in va legally so to speak
but these days....its easy to adjust some orders to make em look what you need. but that would be wrong and i would not condone it :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #10365 by Bikini28
I am a resident of Ga. Yes, I found that USAA no longer insures RVs. Went with Progressive farmed out by USAA. Did not like them, they seemed to get nothing right. I went with Good Sams, after 2 weeks, which uses GMAC and no problem and also saved a lot on a policy. I also have DAV plates and us a mail service in Georgia. I am full time and out of Ga. and run into no problem since it uses a physical address not a PO Box. Traded cars last month, to be able to tow, and have run into no problems about being out of Ga. All mail goes to my mail service and have made everyone aware I was full timing but maintaining Ga. residency. Guess other states does things differently. Wish you safe journeys... Clarence

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds