3.6 126
Wyoming 107469
3-17 Aug, 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I would like to agree with the last posting. I tried to get in for Frontier Days but they said they were booked already, strange considering I called May beginning of June, for a reservation for mid-July. I changed my schedule and decided not to attend this year. From the road: I then tried to call three times (over three weeks) to finally get a return call, after calling the “2988” number (the voice mail says your call will be returned within 24 hrs.) Finally speaking to someone there I received a return call from the famcamp within 10 minutes and booked my reservation. The day of arrival, I received a text 20 miles from the base. The directions that were given brought me through the front gate….OMG I’m 71’plus with the trailer…its tight but we maneuvered through and around the circle taking both lanes. I guess I should have read the posted directions from this web site. Arrived at the CG and not much has changed in a year. The entry road is still the gravel road and dusty. The back road has no bridge left. The host was at the office and my site ready (same site as last year). There have been no upgrades made in a year, if anything it has deteriorated. The wifi is still the same and they use the same excuse as a year ago, the connection is good in the first three rows but little to nothing in the last row. They say because they are historic buildings they can’t do anything. A tree trimming and an underground wire with a wifi antenna in the middle of the CG would change everything. There still is the same home steading individuals as last year and more stuff outside. Freezers outside their campers, snow shovels, toys, storage bins, lumber lying around and a/c units hanging out the window. As far as the “Cabin” rental goes.. you guessed it “home steading” too. This is probably the most miss managed Famcamp in the Air Force. They have completely thrown out the regulations and the Command has turned a blind eye. I can’t understand how these people can stay here in the winter without water and sewer hookup. I can’t understand how the Installation Commander would allow NAF to operate a place like this. They need to use the money made here and put it back into the FamCamp. Averaging around $3200 plus a month they sure can make some improvements. They said during Frontier Days the place was completely packed, another major money maker. As the last reviewer said, “They have a nice golf course. “ If they spent just a fraction of the money that’s put into that course into this Famcamp this place would be a great destination. On a positive note.. Cheyenne is full of things to do and see. The installation is absolutely full of history. Next year’s trip will not have F E Warren AFB on the places to stay. I’ll find somewhere else in the Cheyenne area.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 3

Comments

To write a comment please register or