Wisconsin 44484
26 September 2008
(Updated: April 04, 2009)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

AMAZING for all ages! I went to Sherwood Pt Lighthouse with my husband for 2(?) maybe 3 nights:) It was amazing! The house is actually located in the middle of nowhere so don't be shocked when you find yourself driving down country roads and up a hill! It's worth the hike. It is located on top of a bluff....no neighbors nearby....and embraced by the woods and the sounds of the lake below! This is the perfect place for couples, family's, friends, etc... The house is in awesome condition, the kitchen is fully equipped and has a large dining room table, dishes, full size fridge, etc. The master bedroom on the main floor is beautifully decorated with queen size bed, large dresser and windows throughout entire house that over look the lake. There is also the "attic" upstairs that has two daybeds with twin pull outs stowed beneath and then a set of bunk beds in a room also on the main floor. BE SURE TO LOOK IN CLOSETS! They have hichairs, bags, grilling stuff, etc! The bathroom, kitchen, rooms, living room, etc...were all so clean and inviting! DON'T MISS THIS PERFECT GETAWAY! FYI-there is also a fire pit and a grill for cookouts! There is lots to do in door county but I would recommend having several stops when going into town. It does take a good 20 min-30 min to get to grocery's and shopping:) and you won't really want to go to town twice in a day! Be sure to check out all the wine tasting scattered throughout Door County along with the trolley rides in Fish Creek! P.S. If you are going during the summer months be sure to pack your swimming suits! There is an awesome sand beach at Whitefish Dunes not far from lighthouse and also a cool lookout tower that overlooks the water at Potawatomi State Park...along with very nice biking/hiking trails there!
This is truly a must see and you will not regret it! I plan on heading out there this summer with a few other Army wives to stay for several nights and my hubby and I also plan on heading back when he returns from deployment! Enjoy, have fun, and don't let Minnie the ghost scare you;) She is friendly! I have tons of pics if you'd like to see the inside of the lighthouse!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 24 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts