4.8 105
Washington 123523
June 20-24, 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is by far the nicest RV park I have ever stayed at. I hate staying at parks that feel like "trailer parks" if you know what I mean. This was no trailer park. The grounds are kept in immaculate condition. Grass nicely mowed, flowers everywhere, etc. We stayed in spot 9, but I don't think there is a bad spot in the place. 9 was really nice. We didn't get to select a site, but was very happy with what we got. There are 2 loops. South and north. The office is in the southern loop. We were on the northern loop. The sites on the northern loop are a little closer to the water, and our site felt like we were right on the beach. The small roads going into each loop are tight but manageable. When arriving, there is not a lot of room to park your rig while checking in, but I managed to sort of pull off to the side. Checkin was painless and the 2 gentlemen there were very nice. I paid $35/night. If you have a satellite, you will probably be good anywhere in the northern loop, and anywhere on the west side of the southern loop. If you download the brochure, it has a map of all the site. I printed this before I left and kind of had an idea of where to go and what sites I was interested in (again, I didn't get to choose). This park was full, even during the week, but again, very nice and clean. I didn't see any obvious rigs that looked like someone lived there. Lots of nice rigs. My fifth wheel is right at 36' long and fit nicely on the pad. No overhang at all. I still had another 6-7 feet towards the front. Pads are level and plenty wide. We managed to have our picnic table and some corn hole boards setup right on the pad. Plenty of room between each site as well. You are not right on top of your neighbor. Each site does have a grill, but no fire pit. They had portable fire pits everywhere so I just took one and used it (I bring my own wood). Very nice hookup stations. Sewer (with threads!!), 20, 30, & 50A, water. Wifi worked great. We have verizon and the service wasn't very good. Actually got no service on the north side of whidbey with limited service on the air station itself. Non issue since wifi was great. Plenty to do around the area. The base is really nice with a Wendy's, mini-NEX, bowling alley/arcade area, lots of fields (football/softball/track), large playground, gym, etc. The main NEX and commissary are south of the air station, about 10 minutes away. This place is great, but it's kind of like Pacific Beach in that if the weather is bad, I bet it can be miserable. It was sunny and beautiful all 4 days for us. I heard about Ken in the reviews but never met him. His work is obvious with all the beautiful flower gardens EVERYWHERE. Really is nice to look at. I didn't use them but walked through the bathrooms and laundry. All looked new and up to date. Super clean. Plenty of room to park your tow vehicle as well. Nice path that runs between the sites and beach. It goes pretty far north past all the sport fields. Jets and P-3s flying constantly. As far as I'm concerned, the sound of freedom never gets old! Didn't hear it during the night. This is also close to Deception Pass state park, which is ridiculously beautiful. We went there everyday and hiked. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 9 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or