4.3 42
Washington 119427
Apr thru Sept 2007 ,2008, 2009 & 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

After reading through some of the comments left concerning visits to Clear Lake resort, I would like to set the record straight on a couple of key points that would otherwise keep people away from a GREAT experience. One of my favorite quotes is “You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all the people all of the time.” Fairchild’s Clear Lake Resort IS a RECREATION AREA and a VERY BUSY one. If you are looking for someplace completely quite to hang out for a few days, then you need to either try the FamCamp on base or limit your stay at Clear Lake to Mon. through Thur. when it’s less active. This is a nice time for a little relaxed fishing and just sitting back watching a nice sunset. Weekends are EXTREMELY busy with filled dumpsters, noisy parties, water skiers, picnickers and people that ignore every rule despite every effort to enforce them. Although the sites are close, every site in the resort fills up starting Friday and the activity doesn’t let up until sometime late Sunday with not just locals, but a wide variety of people that travel a long way to spend time at Clear Lake. You bet, I work at Clear Lake Resort, am of the senior generation, and am very proud to be part of the Clear Lake staff and Fairchild AFB’s Outdoor Recreation program. The Clear Lake staff work very hard to insure you have an enjoyable stay and try to take care of things as the need arises, but we can’t always please everyone. Although Clear Lake Resort may not be everyone’s cup of tea, it has some of the BEST FISHING, FUN AND FOOD around. Don’t let a couple of unhappy camper reviews color your thoughts about stopping in at Clear Lake Resort for a few days.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or