4.8 105
Washington 123617
OCT 2022
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Coming into the Seattle area for a few weeks and everything was booked (early Oct), plus many of the campgrounds shut down mid-Oct, so we expanded our search and found this place. We totally lucked out! This place is right on the beach with FHU RV sites, tent sites, yurts, and RVs to rent. As you’d expect from a military campground the bathrooms & showers are immaculate. The laundry is FREE (yay for not having to find quarters!). But the real gem is the grounds. The camp hosts seem to work round the clock to tend to the beautiful gardens. I imagine in the spring when the grass is green this place is extra special.It was pretty quiet when we were here (besides the jets flying overhead), but the neighbors were quiet. There seem to be a few people who are stationed here and live here, then the majority of the other sites were people staying for a few weeks like us, with of course some people coming in for just a few days. Weekends get busier with more tent campers and more people coming to the beach. If you can get a waterfront site that’s a must but the other sites aren’t bad either. We were in the south loop which would be my preference as it’s slightly closer to the open areas and beach access, but again the other loop would be almost as nice. There is a fitness loop that goes into the trees and then back into base which the kids and I would ride our bikes to the nice playground just over the hill. Yes the jets can be annoying (especially if you work from the road like we do) but they don’t seem to fly on Sundays, holidays, or when it’s too foggy or overnight. This was the perfect spot to slow down and enjoy the PNW beach life for a couple weeks.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or