4.4 109
Virginia 180694
June 7-11, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This was our second visit to Cheatham Annex. As it was summer, and we wanted shade, we had requested a site in the old section. I got a call about a month ago that they were upgrading the old sites, and needed to move us to the new section. Which I said was fine as long as I had a shaded site, so they moved us to #7. Turns out they are changing all the old section to tent only sites. Then about 3 days before our departure I got another call, to let us know that they were having problems with the electric on 7, and needed to move us. Again, I said that was fine as long as we had shade. We were moved to #1, which had morning shade but not a lot of afternoon shade. In a few years when the trees have grown, the place will be great in the summer. We took some time this trip to explore the base. They offer a lot of rental cabins as well as RV and tent sites. Some of the cabins are pretty new, while others are older houses. A few sit right on the water. We were not able to take advantage of the pool - also in the old section - as it was only open weekends. Would be nice if they would open a second one in the new section. Diesel fuel was priced about 10 cents/gallon higher than off base. Upon arrival, they encourage you to go to your site and set up and then do your checkin, as there is not a lot of room to maneuver back by the MWR building. Wifi is adequate but cell service (ATT) is not good. Sites have large paved pads. The entire campground has street lights. We will definitely return.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or