3.7 39
Virginia 75096
22 - 29 May 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is our first visit to this campground. The location is great for visiting the DC area. There is a ITT office on base. They have limited local tickets. We bought the Big Bus tickets at a discount. The park is very well maintained. The showers and laundry facilities are very good. We are pretty independent, so our communication with the staff was minimal. I agree that the price ($40/night) is high when compared to other military camps, however this is DC and you won't find any other campground as nice or as cheap as this one. The electrical hookups are forward of the site, but I had no problem reaching them with my standard cord. There are fire circles on each site and there is plenty of firewood available (in its natural state). You just need to go get it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
December 11, 2014
"I agree that the price ($40/night) is high when compared to other military camps, however this is DC and you won't find any other campground as nice or as cheap as this one."

Sorry I can't agree with that statement. Pricing should not be related to the area. For example, the price per night at the Naval Air Station - Key West, FL is $23 for full hook-ups. Commercial campgrounds in the are often exceed $150 per night during the winter months. At least the Navy understand these are 'military' campgrounds not commercial campgrounds. $50 per night is way out of line and should be reduced to the more typical $20/$30 per night.
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Cron Job Starts