3.4 45
Virginia 63934
Jan 17, 2022
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

NO THRILLS or FRILLS here. We’ve stayed here both prior to and after the renovation. The price to stay here has gone from $390.00 per month (2017) to $900.00 per month (2022). That’s an increase of $510.00 per month – MORE THAN DOUBLED! The renovation included paved spots and 50amp connections throughout the park. The 3 washers and 3 dryers (1 in which didn’t work the entire 3 months we were here) were replaced. You would think that for $900.00 a month every site would have access to good WiFi. This is something that should have been upgraded during the renovation and the opportunity was not taken. IMHO, this park upgrade is NOT worth the extra $510.00 a month especially when you consider where this park is located – in the middle of NOWHERE. This is NOT Ft Belvoir. Champs RV park is not close to any of Virginia’s main attractions (Washington DC is a 2 hours north on a good traffic day, Richmond is an hour drive South. This park is typically only 1/4 full with homesteaders. This is a nice park, but NOT $900.00 nice as reflected by the typical low occupancy. I would venture to say that occupancy would increase if the monthly rate was reduced back to $750.00 a month. I know of people who don’t stay here now because of the higher rates and I’m personally looking into other options. It’s hard not to see this as price gouging.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 3

Comments

To write a comment please register or