3.4 45
Virginia 63941
August 2-16 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

My wife and I stayed here in June and I left a fairly good review, then. So, we're back here in August for a couple of weeks and boy howdy, does it look different without any trees in the campground! The mosquitoes are still bad (but they've had so much rain, it's sort of expected), the hookups are still screwy, but the facilities for showers/bathrooms/laundry are still great. The deer, fox, and turkey are still all around and it's still front and center, if you like Civil War history (Chancellorsville, Spotsylvania Courthouse, and Wilderness battlefields are within 20-30 minutes away, not to mention Richmond, Petersburg, and Appomattox Courthouse are near enough for real Civil War buffs). The MWR staff are helpful and friendly, and they have told me that future improvements for the RV park include brand new hookups relocated to be more user friendly (not on both sides of coach and stretching out to 25 ft for water, sewer, or electric, and putting in 50 amp svc.), paving the whole park, building up concrete pads for coaches, and making all the middle sites pull-thru. As soon as it stops raining and the sun comes back out, I'll snap a few pix to show improvements in progress.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or