Featured
Utah 121921
May 1 & 2, 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed here 1 & 2 May 2015. For the most part everything is as stated except for two important items. Wi-Fi only exists in the camp club house and then it is spotty at best. They say they are working with a new company who placed the antenna in a closet. The other thing, and this is a big one. The necessity to use the Roy gate at Hill AFB no longer exists. The South Gate is the one preferred and recommended by the FamCamp management. Here are directions word for word as they were given to me at the FamCamp office. *Southbound on I-15: Come South on I-15 to the 700 S exit#334. Take a left, onto highway 193, heading East to the South Gate approximately 3 miles or the fourth stoplight. Turn Left. *Westbound on I-80: Coming out of Wyoming on I-80 into Utah, proceed to the I-80/I-84 split. Take I-84 West towards Ogden to the Salt Lake exit# 87B for Highway 89. This will be a “B” exit heading South on Highway 89 approximately 3 miles. As the road merges right you want to merge with it to the top of the incline and the Highway 193 Westbound exit. There is a sign stating Hill AFB exit. Stay on 193 Westbound to the fourth stoplight and take a right turn to the South Gate. *Northbound on I-15: Come up I-15 to the 700 S exit#334. Take a right onto highway 193, heading East to the South Gate approximately 3 miles or the fourth stoplight. Turn Left. *Eastbound on I-80: Coming East on I-80 into Salt Lake City, you will take the exit for Ogden/I-215 bypass. Get on I-215 towards Ogden and eventually it will merge into I-15 Northbound to Ogden. Proceed Northbound on I-15 to the 700 S exit#334. Take a right onto highway 193, heading East to the South Gate approximately 3 miles or the fourth stoplight. Turn Left. *South Gate: “All Traffic” After you make the turn towards the South Gate stay I or immediately merge into the far left lane. After you go through the gate you will take an immediate left approximately 150 feet after going through the gate. This is street is Balmer and you will stay on Balmer for one block and then take your first left onto Park Lane. This will bring you back to the FamCamp office. Rush Hour: Rush hour traffic for the base is from 0600 to 0800 and 1500 to 1700 Monday through Friday. For Salt Lake City it is 0500 to 0900 and 1500 to 1900 Monday through Friday. Please plan your trips accordingly as these time are very hectic to travel. Check in is after 1300 hours daily. Questions? Call 801-775-3250
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or