Texas 173596
March - May 2013
(Updated: April 29, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Baker, the camp manager, was an outstanding help in every aspect from arrival directions to checking out. We left for seven days as required after we had been here for 30. The spots are mostly level and all concrete and pavement. Some shade trees are scattered around. There is a nice dog run and two very well maintained bath houses. Nice playground for the kids to use! Although this is only the second military campground we have stayed at, I think this is top notch! To update a previous reviewers comments about bad roads: yes the roads all over San Antonio are horrible! However, the section of road between I-410 and the base, which is Harry Wurzbach, is now complete. We first arrived in March when the road was horrible and I was shocked that this was the preferred route. When we came back in April, the redone road was the best drive in the city! To avoid all the roads, if you arrive during duty hours between Monday and Friday, you can come in the road right next to the FamCamp which would be the BAMC hospital exit off I-35.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or