4.2 81
Texas 140330
June 24-26, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I am a civilian who attended the BMT graduation of a family member and was sponsored by him. Greg the Fam Camp Manager was very helpful and great to work with. I called ahead to see if there were big rig spaces available with full hook-ups and Greg told me that they do not take reservations but he had availability. Since I did not have a current military id I had to go through the commercial inspection process adjacent to the Growden Gate. This did not take long. The back-in spaces at the park all had 50 amp full hookups with level concrete pads, picnic table, grill and full hook-ups. Everyone at the base was very helpful with directions and nice. The battery on my tow vehicle went dead near the fire station parking lot at Godfathers Pizza. The firefighters and officers came out and tried to jump the battery to no avail. The base Firestone store personnel came out and replaced my battery in the parking lot at a reasonable cost. The AFB and RV Park was very convenient, clean and great. We were extremely impressed with everything including the graduation ceremony. I am a US Navy veteran that did not retire from the military. This was an outstanding experience for entire family! Dave Raffa, Granbury, Texas
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or