4.0 28
Texas 74207
March 10, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The previous review is right on for facts. But, somewhat off in expectation. The West Fort Hood RV Park is just what it appears to be... an RV Park. They don't pretend to be a resort. If your looking for an RV resort... go to the Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area (BLORA), just down the road. It costs a lot more too. The West Fort Hood RV Park is a very reasonable place to park and serve as a base of operations. I paid $8.25 (w/Golden Age Passport), a day, for a week's stay. And they have all the basic requirements... a quality bathhouse and restroom facility. A modest playground for children. Full hookups (water, sewer, electricity, basic cable). Laundry facilities. A TV and game room. No wireless though (no problem, I set up my StarBand system). Also, diesel is available on the main post, at the station by the main gate. It appears to be about nickle cheaper that the economy. All in all, our experience was extremely pleasant. The only negative that comes to mind is that you should try to get on a row that is away from the main road. It get quite noisy when folks are going to work in the mornings.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or