3.8 48
Tennessee 123188
Feb 25-28 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Arnold AFB Famcamp is NOT on the base proper. I mean there is no gate or barricade to contend with in order to get in the Famcamp. We were somewhat confused reading the info in the Military Living RV park guide. The Arnold complex is 1000's of acres but very, very few are behind gates. If you want to use any Famcamp free coupons you will have to go thru' 1 gate to Arnold Village(requiring Military ID) to get to the Community center, and the same is req if you want to use the Commisary/BX @ Gate 1(both closed Sun & Mondays). The Fampcamp is all gravel pads & roads, laid out helter skelter on a pretty little penisula of land that sticks out into Woods Resevoir. We watched geese, ducks, wild turkeys, deer and hawks from the campground benches. Boat launch and marina are at hand as well. Camp hostess Charlene lives on premises & does a great job of welcoming you. Her Small store has a good supply of must haves. The Services chief there at Arnold told us by Sept 07 they would be paved and completely redone. I'm thinking that means construction through-out the summer. Hopefully construction will include at least 1 campsite dump. No sewer now-none. Bathhouse/shower was clean and well looked after. 2 stalls & 2 showers per side. I think my wife & I must be the only folks using these showers/bathroms. Most of our stays this Spring we've seen no one ever in-side them except us. We pay close attention to them however since showering in out TT gets a little tedious. Arnold has a BOQ/VOQ 1 mile from the Famcamp that lets Fampcamp guests use their washers/dryers for free. (BYO detergent !!) VOQ manager Greg says "pls spread the word", they're open and dying for business. The club is next door to the VOQ and open for Lunch M-F and Dinner Fri & Sat nights. After 1 April, most Arnold facilities go to a summer schedule w/longer operating hours. Arnold's pretty little 9 hole Golf course is 4.5 miles from the Famcamp. Arnold Famcamp is off the beaten track for sure. It's quiet, laid back and secluded. Arnold itself has only 1000 military & 2500 Civilians. But for a restful stay it's a jewel. We'll be back.
JH
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or