4.5 156
South Dakota 139744
August 23, 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I agree with everything that has been said about the FamCamp and its camp host. I want to comment about the way new arrivals are handled when the FamCamp is full. According to the Campground Information, new arrivals are sent to overflow until one of the campers in the full hookup area has reached the 14 day limit (or a multiple of 14 days if an extension was granted). Then, the camper in the full hookup area must leave and the one in overflow moves into that site. At least, that is my take on the overflow rule. The reality is different. When a camper arrives when the FamCamp is full, they are parked in the grassy area adjacent to another camper and share water and electricity (and sewer, too, if they have a Y-gate sewer connection). Since overflow has 30A electricity, I am not sure why this is necessary. But one reviewer of this FamCamp seems to think it is a good idea. If I had paid $20 a night for a site and then looked out my window to see another RV 10 feet away, I wouldn't be too happy. One of the nice things about this FamCamp is that the sites are spaced far enought apart so that you have room to extend your slides and awnings without encroaching on someone else's space. I believe that campers value this. So, when the space between sites becomes overflow, I wonder why the camp host doesn't use the designated overflow area.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or